One guaranteed way to get people thinking about your book is to conduct a blog tour. A blog tour is when you, the author, schedule a series of posts about your book on a series of blogs over a 2-4 week period. It creates a concentrated time when people will be talking about your book, which should lead to greater discovery...which just might lead to sales!
Setting up a blog tour is pretty easy, but I will be honest with you, it takes time. Give yourself a couple of weeks to research and schedule the tour and to write guest posts; and then once the tour gets underway, you'll need time to monitor reader comments on the blog sites and to coordinate the contest giveaways. In the end, what do you have to lose?
Listed below are some great blogs to get you started on learning 'how to' organize a blog tour. In a nutshell, the basic steps are:
1. Research blogs that review books in your genre
2. Set a date for your tour (preferably one blog every other day over 4 weeks)
3. Create a spreadsheet of blog contact info
4. Create a list of what you have to offer e.g. a guest blog post, author photo, signed book for a giveaway (or ebook)
5. Be respectful and contact all blogs with your request for a tour on their site
6. Write guest blog posts for the tour
7. Monitor the tour and comment on reader comments
8. Mail-out contest giveaways
For a more comprehensive look at how to plan a blog tour, check out these helpful sites:
Good luck with your tour!
Stacey D. Atkinson is the author of the newly released novel Stuck, which she published via her independent company Mirror Image Publishing.